Debra Benton's speaking style is always clear and direct — engaging, entertaining and interactive with the audience. She uses examples, relevant stories, and appropriate humor to dissect, decode, and divulge information garnered from thirty years as one of the nation's top C-suite coaches. Audiences listen, process information, and translate what they learn into positive results.
When you hire Benton to present at your event, she'll personally interview you and your contacts well in advance. After learning about your organization's goals, challenges and culture, she'll weave her findings into a customized-to-the-situation presentation.
"Benton presents a wonderfully personal, step-by-step guide to being a truly caring leader with integrity, confidence, and drive."
— Reuben Mark, Chairman and CEO, Colgate-Palmolive Company
"Put simply, she is easy to watch and listen to. Her presence makes the audience feel a profound connection. She doesn't so much lecture as confide her secrets."
— Heidi Olinger, CEO, Pretty Brainy, Inc.
See Debra In Action
"Benton knows what it takes to take you to the top."
— Harvey Mackay, syndicated business columnist and author, Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive
- Beyond Branding: Differentiate to Exceed Among Exceeders
- Personal Presence: Develop Your Successful Leadership Style
- How Top CEOs Manage Conflict
- Coach to Win: Mentoring the Next Generation of Leaders
- Sell More and Boost Your Earning Power
- Communicate Effectively, Online and Offline
Benton creates a program that accomplishes what you want to accomplish.
Each topic can be:
- A 45- to 90-minute keynote
- Expanded into a half or full-day breakout workshop or training session (which can include one-on-one coaching)
- A follow-on webinar
She can present a keynote speech with information that can be followed up with more in-depth training and development. Benton can also moderate a panel of executives, or engage with a single executive "interview" style on stage.
Benton's presentations are perfect for managers and emerging leaders who want to improve overall performance of themselves and their organizations.
"With Benton, it's a lot like having the other team's playbook a week before the Super Bowl."
— Ed Shonsey, CEO, Northrup King
"Benton causes anyone to pause, take stock, and ask: Am I developing all the qualities of character that will allow me to lead and achieve great things."
— Rick O-Donnell, CEO and president, Action Foundation
Presentation Topics — More Information
Beyond Branding: Differentiate to Exceed Among Exceeders
How to authentically, effectively and appropriately set yourself apart
Exceeds expectations is the highest ranking of most companies performance appraisals. So how do you consistently go beyond meeting expectations to exceeding? You have to stand out from the crowd. You have to get decision makers to talk about you. It's about doing typical things in atypical ways. It's about doing things that add organizational value — without being asked.
You will learn:
- Better strategies and better answers to understand yourself, change your mindset, and present yourself in a way that people are receptive to
- Tangible steps to stay connected, stay relevant, and stay ahead of the game — and why to take them
- Easy to apply lessons to set yourself apart from the competition
- The 'decoder ring' to coach and mentor others in their personal branding
"In a room packed full of people I felt like I was the one in the room she was talking to versus talking to a mass of people. I noticed no one in the audience was looking at their phones or multitasking but were giving her their undivided attention. I felt this was my company's money well spent."
— Amy Costello, Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference
"This will have a profound impact on anyone's career."
— Rick Ambrose, President, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
Personal Presence: Develop Your Successful Leadership Style
Use the leadership power of professional presence to stand out, fit in and move ahead
Professional success requires more than capability alone: You may have superior judgment. You may have great ideas. You may have years of excellent education and the degrees to prove it. But if your professional presence — your individual style and comportment — does not make a positive impact on your peers, superiors, subordinates, and clients you may never really succeed in your field.
You will learn:
- Guidelines and techniques for self-presentation that sets you apart from even an accomplished crowd
- Fresh insights into the good-natured, confident, personal, yet proper way to relate
- Interpersonal attitudes and communication skills that CEOs have shared with Benton in over 100 personal interviews
"Benton has pulled together the information we all need to be a success."
— Marshall Loeb, (former) Managing Editor, Fortune
"Debra Benton is the leadership Peter Drucker of the 21st Century."
— John Bianchi, Ph.D., CEO, Frontier Gunleather
How Top CEOs Manage Conflict
Master the art of working well with a variety of personality types
The number one issue CEOs deal with, according to a recent Harvard Business Review study, is managing conflict. You are promotion material if you manage problems through resolution without being, bossy, heavy handed, arrogant, political, or secretive.
You will learn:
- How to collaborate and communicate with various constituents who don't think like you and have a multiple of agendas
- To give clear and direct feedback and course correction to resolve differences
- To help puzzle through problems by asking the right questions in the right way
- How to get a "yes" and be able to say "no"
"Most insightful... especially for the young and hungry go-getters who need Benton's advice more than they'll ever know."
— Jeff Cunningham, Chairman, iLIFE.com
"Shrewd, thoughtful, and very practical advice."
— Senator Gary Hart, counsel, Coudert Brothers
Coach to Win: How to Mentor the Next Generation of Leaders
Recognize, guide and develop emerging talent in your organization
To climb the corporate ladder, you need to be more than just skilled and knowledgeable about your business you need to be coachable — and be able to effectively coach others. Being a star performer isn't sufficient; you have to make star performers out of others by the coaching and mentoring you provide.
You will learn:
- Coaching techniques you can apply to yourself and others
- To self-evaluate and determine strengths and weaknesses
- How to create a plan and set realistic and achievable goals for yourself and others
- To prepare for uncertainty and the unexpected without losing your cool
- Insightful and practical solutions to everyday leadership challenges
"I'm in the convention business so I hear a lot of speakers. Ten years ago I attended a seminar Debra Benton put on. To this day, it's the best speech I've ever heard."
— Lois Brown, Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau
"Benton not only shows you how it's done; she equips us to do it for ourselves."
— Rev. Dr. James A. Forbes, Senior Minister, The Riverside Church
Sell More and Boost Your Earning Power
How to make a six-figure income selling
Break through your personal glass ceiling and earn that six-figure income — and more! For many of us, it seems out of reach. But you can dramatically boost your earning power if change your fundamental attitude. Benton presents a can-do plan that not only helps you change your whole approach to making money, more importantly, helps you make new choices that lead to a happier more successful life.
You will learn:
- To explore your hidden psychological blocks — and eliminate them
- The four-step, step-by-step plan for closing more
- A dynamic approach to working smarter not harder
- A realistic road map with tools, self knowledge, and confidence
"Benton's keynote presentation was the hit of our general session, as evidenced by the three minute standing ovation she received."
— Century 21 of the Southwest, Inc.
"An elegantly simple but dramatically effective approach to meaningfully enhancing your earning capacity."
— Doug Conant, President Nabisco U.S. Foods Group
Communicate Effectively, Online and Offline
Master digital platforms to deliver powerful messages and build your brand
Blogging, tweeting, commenting, tagging, e-mailing, texting, video chatting — everywhere you turn these days, there's a new way to communicate. Whether you're a c-suite executive or mid-level manager, you have to be able to move seamlessly among the available digital platforms in order to communicate your message effectively. If you don't face it head-on, the future will be a time of chaos and lost opportunities.
You will learn:
- How to deliver a clear, powerful message in each platform — while tailoring to your needs
- The "do's," but just as importantly, the "don'ts" in each platform
- How to cause people to remember you for the right reasons
"We have compiled the evaluation forms and our Board members are very pleased with the results. The average rating of the conference was 4.00 out of 5.00 but your presentation was rated 4.95. Participants simply loved you."
— Claude Lemay, Chairman, CEO, Vision Program for Quebec Software Promotion Centre
"What worked yesterday won't work today, and what will work tomorrow is in Benton's presentation."
— Rulon Stacey, Chairman, American College of Healthcare Executives
Tools You Can Use to Maximize Benton's Value to Your Program
Give an Autographed Copy of Debra's Latest Book
People love receiving Debra's bestselling business books courtesy of the meeting chair. Debra offers a significant discount on books for you to provide to your attendees. Her time with your audience can also include an autograph session at no charge where she will sign any of her books.