A woman in a hurry is not the image you want to portray. A woman on a
mission yes, but not a woman on the run.
Some good advice I learned from my mother, a successful entrepreneur, was “slow down to get things done.” Sometimes she’d say, “if you keep working so hard you’ll never get ahead.”
How do you ‘go on board’ when you’re already there?
When you get a new boss you are the unknown. Even though your job position hasn’t changed, you have to take the same action as if you are going on board a new position.
When nearly 10% lose their jobs the remaining 90% get shuffled around [...]
A simple “no, thanks” should suffice, said Debra Benton, a career coach and author of “C.E.O. Material: How to Be a Leader in Any Organization.” If everyone in your group is ordering a drink, get a soda or a tonic and lime.
Full Story: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/jobs/02career.html?_r=2&scp=3&sq=career%20couch&st=cse
I am proud to offer one lucky organization a complimentary keynote speech, for minimum travel expenses only! I’ll present a message that will help strengthen your business during these difficult times: “How to Be a Leader in Any Organization — Having Influence Without Always Having Control.”
Everyone says you need to have a good track record, have substance, be good at your job. But what does that really mean? In CEO Material this subject takes precedence in chapter one. It’s not about technical expertise alone, that is a small part of it…..